Saturday 21 September 2013

Nurse Burnt My Toe??? - Gastroparesis Update

Hello Hello Hello
Long Time No Speak..... How you all doin'?

Thought it was about time for a little update. Mr Doggy is doing great. His cone came off and his paw is looking and feeling much better. YAY! We get to cuddle up close and personal again :D

Me & My Baby Snuggling
Arm In Arm.. LITERALLY
<3
As for me... I wish I could say the same =[ Since my last update, nothing has really changed to be honest. I think I may be having a side affect of the newest medication so we have got to keep an eye on that and I'm still not really eating or drinking. The belts have come out the wardrobe once again. NOT COOL!! I've had a rough week emotionally, physically and mentally. Yesterday (Friday) in particular. Was feeling pretty darn ill, fragile and down in the dumps and then got some news at work that finished me off and I had a little breakdown at work in the toilets on and off for the rest of that day. I then got home, pretty much went straight to my bed after a chat with my mum and was sleeping on and off from about 5ish because I was feeling so ill and emotionally drained and stuff like that. 

My toe is no better. OK, maybe I should rewind as I don't think I've explained or mentioned this in a previous post. Kind of gross but hey - sharing is caring HAHA. So the skin by my toe nail split, got infected (so had yet another course of antibiotics) and skin granulation started growing. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's when the skin cells basically get over excited when growing and repairing after an injury. They don't stop growing causing a lump of skin on top of your skin. Does that make sense for you non medically trained or who have never come across it before. So, the nurse burnt off the
The Silver Nitrate Sticks They Use
They 'Activate' Them By Putting Them Under Water
And It Sparks Them!! 
skin granulation with silver nitrate. Let me just take a second to tell you how EXTREMELY freaking painful it is. Not so much when it's being done but for the entire day after it's been done. It's now been burnt off twice because it then grew back a week later and both times I ended up having a bag of frozen veg on my toe for the rest of the day and when I was sleeping. Who knew frozen veg would come in handy for someone who can't eat them HAHA!! My toe is all wrapped up still and I am going back to the nurse again on Thursday. FINGERS CROSSED IT HASN'T GROWN BACK and the fluid that had started building up on the toe has gone down. My body and I seem to have a hate-hate relationship these days!! But, as a little fishy once told me.... ♫ 'Just Keep Swimming' 

Anyways, question of the post. What is your favourite thing about Fall/Autumn (depending on where you live :P)? - Seems random but I've been watching a lot of Youtube videos today about Autumn outfits and makeup and such :) x

Stay Strong
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment