Wednesday 16 October 2013

BEAUTY POST: Get Ready With Me : Skin Care



Heyyyy There Guys

I thought I'd give my first beauty/youtube kind of related post a shot at long last. And I have the perfect thing to start with. Following on from my 'Get Ready With Me' video I posted last week and a brand new one that has been posted today following on from last weeks, I thought it would be a cool idea to share my skin care products with you in a little more detail with prices and my thoughts on them. So, shall we hop on in? 

Where do I start.... hmmm let's start from the beginning - usually a good place to start eh?
Starting with removing my make up so thinking about it that's actually kind of backwards but when have I ever done things the normal way in all fairness. 

£4.99 from Boots
As I wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner as my everyday eye makeup, I found wipes were just to rough. I have super sensitive eyes so I was very wary of trying a liquid remover. However, the L'Oreal Paris Absolute Eye & Lip Makeup Remover is just fantastic. It takes off all eye makeup including waterproof products in just a few gentle sweeps across the eye on a cotton pad. Costing at around £4.99 from places such as boots, it is the perfect product that is so easy to get hold of at an affordable price. It is now a must have product for me.


£3.25 from Boots
After that I like to get that skin makeup off. I used to be awful at taking makeup off and night. I was so lazy but now I can't go to bed with it on. My skin thanks me for it. I love using the Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. I find them so refreshing and my skin really gets on well with them. They have so much goodness in them so I am all for them.  They are usually at the price mark of around £3.25 however I love to stock up on them when they have the two for £4 offers. Way cheaper - means more makeup for me :P


£4.99 from Boots
To ensure I get all that makeup off my face, I follow up with the L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfecting Purifying Miscellar Solution. What a mouthful that was HAHA. This is well known in the beauty blogging world as a great dupe for the beloved Bioderma but at a much more affordable price as well as much easier to get hold of here in the UK. Priced at £4.99 I can honestly say you are onto a winner and it helps keep my skin so clear and clean. It's always so refreshing as is gentle enough to sweep over your eyes. And boy does that feel good first thing in the morning :). 


£3.50 from Boots
I usually use this product whilst I am in the shower as I just don't like the feeling of splashing water all over my face in the morning or evening. I don't know why - I'm weird... I know. This for me is an old classic staple product for me. I have been using this for years and still absolutely love it and so does my skin. My skin can be quite oily at times but as this is an oil free product it helps control the oil without adding more into the equation. The Clean&Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser is priced at £3.50 in places such as Boots or Superdrug. It comes out as thick cream and spreads so nicely whilst giving a cooling affect on you face whilst it's on and doesn't dry your skin out. It's very gentle as well so doesn't cause redness on my skin after. Another bonus in my books. 



£16.50-£25 from Boots
This is another product that I have used for years now. It is part of the Clinique 3 Step Facial Routine. I do have the Cleanser, Toner & Moisturiser but I'm not a huge fan of the daily cleanser if I'm honest. I don't feel like it really cleans my face. I like the moisturiser and tend to go back and forth to it every so often. The Clinique Toner In Number 3 For Oily Skin however, is my absolute favourite. I haven't found a product I like as much and that actually seems to work. It's not the cheapest product on the market and is priced between £16.50 to £25 depending on the size you have. I couldn't imagine not having it in my daily routine so thankfully each bottle does last a while as you don't use that much product in one go. 
 Hey, every girl deserves at least one higher end product... right? Who's with me? 


£5.95 from Superdrug
 The last step in my skin care routine for both morning and night is the Palmers Cocoa Butter Daily Calming Facial Lotion. This is a fairly new find for me but I absolutely fell in love with it from the very first time using it. There was such a noticeable difference from only one use. My skin is very sensitive and often can get quite red after taking makeup off or just through the day but this has literally been a life saver. You only need a pea size amount as it spreads extremely well, so the £5.95 bottle from Superdrug lasts for what seems like an eternity - which I am NOT complaining about. Not only does it take down the redness but it seems to help even out the skin tone as well as moisturise your skin and I'm pretty sure it helps keep my skin clear as well, even though it doesn't say it does that. So, if i was to describe this product in 4 words, I would say that it is a GENIE IN A BOTTLE. It grants all my skin care wishes. I honestly can't rave about this product enough. The difference it has made to my skin since using it is unbelievable. Who said high end products were always the way forward?

I use the L'Oreal Paris Miscellar Solution, Clinique Toner and the Palmers Cocoa Butter Daily Calming Facial Lotion twice a day. I use them when I first wake up before applying any makeup or even if I am having a makeup free day and then use them in the evening after taking makeup off or before bed. I am so in love with this skin care routine and it is truly the first one that has actually kept my skin nice and clear even during that girly time of the month. I have the odd break out here and there which is to be expect partly due to my health and partly because.... it's just life unfortunately. 

Be sure to check out both videos (by clicking here) that show you how I apply and use these products as well as my general routine such as hair, makeup, bath and clothes. Be sure to comment on the videos saying my blog sent you and it'll be like some super duper bloggers connection thing that we will have going on. Okay, I have no idea what I just said but that is ok by me. 

That is all for today. I hope you found this useful and be sure to let me know what you think of these products if you've tried them or if you do try them. I'd love to know your thoughts on them.

Until next time.... 
Stay Strong
<3






No comments:

Post a Comment